Friday, September 26, 2008

Effington




My hometown, Effingham Illinois is made famous in Ben Folds' new song Effington. My brother brought this to my attention via facebook and the song totally sucks. Ben Folds has gone on one serious downhill slide since releasing his first album. Still, it's pretty cool to have THE Ben Folds (of all people) write a song about your shitty, tiny little home of 15,000 people.

Ben Folds - Effington (Live)

Titus makes some smokin bikes. Love that american shizz.


Good luck getting one of Van Dessel's sick cross bikes. They're sold out already.



This week went fairly well at the office. Meredith and I completed a six unit veneer case yesterday that should look pretty good when it's all said and done. I now understand why my boss doesn't want to do any crown or bridges anymore; it takes it out of you. By the end of the day I was only able to swallow one beer and could hardly get on my mountain bike for a ride. Regardless, I did Raiders Ridge to Nature trail and it was the bomb. Here are a few pics:


The other day I fockin' endoed again on a ride. Some guy smoking a cig' and watching his dogs saw the whole thing. He mustered a little laugh. I can feel my fitness getting better but I still bite it on the downhills occasionally. It would be different if I were slamming downhill after a fifth of Glenlivet, but i'm sober most of the time! Check out these sexy beasts from interbike. God I want a full suspension.




Big road ride tomorrow (with Tom Danielson) - 100 mile pic report on sunday. Lets get bloggin' again!


The new office was the bomb, methinks.

No comments: